At GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates to win their public affairs campaigns.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and political professionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like Fox Corporation, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC. We also have offices in Chișinău, Moldova and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others. Our friendly and hard-working team hopes to welcome you onboard!
* Ship world-class software used by the most influential organizations in the world
* Lead a very talented team of engineers to deliver quality software on time
* Work with Product Managers and Designers in the USA to understand software requirements
* Write high-quality and well-tested code on one or more of the following: Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, or Python
* Work with one or more of the following: RabbitMQ, S3, Postgres, or Elasticsearch
* Sometimes work with other technologies and languages
* 2+ years in a team lead or mentorship role on a software engineering team
* Strong technical background -- degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
* Experience building complex software for real users
* Interest in complex software engineering problems -- we use Rails, React, and Python, but you don’t have to know them
* Comfortable with automated software testing
* Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
* Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
* Can work full-time from our office in Belo Horizonte
* A centrally located and well-equipped office
* Big focus on code quality and writing clean code
* Challenging and interesting programming tasks that are fun to solve
* Friendly, cooperative, and welcoming company culture
* Plenty of code review and mentorship opportunities to improve yourself as an engineer
* Fast-moving team that ships new features and products fast
* Unlimited paid vacation time
* Free private English classes at the office
* Free trip to Europe once per year for our team meetup