At GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates to win their public affairs campaigns.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and political professionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like Fox Corporation, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC. We also have offices in Chișinău, Moldova and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others. Our friendly and hard-working team hopes to welcome you onboard!
As a Software Engineer working on our backend, you will primarily write code on our core Rails application that power many of our products. You'll build new products we're launching as well as upgrades and maintenance on our current suite of products. You'll work in a small team of Rails and ReactJS engineers who will work together with you to build what's needed. You'll also work across teams with our data team when you are integrating a new data source into the platform. Even though we're a fast-moving startup, we still have the resources like a dedicated dev-ops team, designers, and product managers to help you focus purely on coding. That said, our engineers still have a strong influence on product direction.
More generally, as an engineer at GovPredict, you will participate in many parts of the engineering organization as it grows and as you grow as a member of our team. We ask our engineers to not only write code but to help us improve the organization. You will provide feedback on engineering operations, weigh in on architecture decisions, interview new candidates, and help make GP a place you love to work at.
We are hiring all levels of engineers -- from junior to manager -- so don't be shy if you think you're under or over qualified for the role. We'll tailor the interview difficulty and evaluation process to the level you self-report.
* Strong technical background -- degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
* Experience building complex software for real users
* Interest in complex software engineering problems -- we use Rails & React, but you don’t have to know them
* Comfortable with automated software testing
* Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
* Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
* Can work full-time from our office in Belo Horizonte
* Free private English classes at the office
* Free trip to Europe once per year for our team meetup
* A centrally located and well-equipped office
* Big focus on code quality and writing clean code
* Challenging and interesting programming tasks that are fun to solve
* Fast-moving team that ships new features and products fast
* Friendly, cooperative, and welcoming company culture
* Plenty of code review and mentorship opportunities to improve yourself as an engineer